Buddhism – Facebook page
Buddhism – Facebook Page, Buddhist Wisdom, Philosophy and Teachings
more than 796,729 followers
Gautama Buddha Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gautama_Buddha
Buddhism Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
- Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
YouTube playlist “Buddhism”
Buddhism is an Indian religion attributed to the teachings of the Buddha.
The Four Truths express the basic orientation of Buddhism: we crave and cling to impermanent states and things, which is dukkha, “incapable of satisfying” and painful. This keeps us caught in samsara, the endless cycle of repeated rebirth, dukkha and dying again. But there is a way to liberation from this endless cycle to the state of nirvana, namely following the Noble Eightfold Path.
Free for commercial use images – Buddhism
https://pixabay.com/ – free images – Public Domain License